The advancement of technology improves all facets of life, and one of the most benefited is the medical sector. Unlike before, the way medical professionals handle patients now is different. Also, diagnosing illnesses have been expedited since the last decades. If you want to know some of the medical breakthroughs, read the following information.
- Fitness Tracing – In the U.S., a lot of people monitor their health status by themselves. They use some revolutionized devices under the realm of wearable technology. These gadgets are indeed powerful as they can track your heart rate, blood pressure, sugar level, and even the number of walks you take a day. Once the wearable gadget detects some anomalies, it immediately sends a warning to the user.
- Smart Looks – Nowadays, the development of sensor systems become sophisticated. There are sensor-packed contact lenses that you can use to detect early signs of cancer. Smart eye lenses are essential since early detection is crucial in battling cancer cells.
- Implant Magic – Doctors are also using radio-frequency implants to record the medical history of patients. If there’s a need to check the blood chemistry, the doctor will just scan the implanted chip.
- Gastro Investigators – For some cases, the doctor needs a complete picture of the intestine. But unlike before (where a thin metal rod is inserted to photograph the gastrointestinal tract); medical professionals are just using an ingestible capsule to check the inside of the tummy. Indeed, this development makes the process fast and painless.
- Baby Cam – Believe it or not, it is possible now to take a digital photograph of the baby inside the tummy. Aside from the photos, you can also monitor the breathing pattern of the baby. If there’s an anomaly detected, an alarm will be automatically sent.
These medical developments are far from ending. As long as scientists and inventors keep finding ways to innovate, expect better technologies soon.